Signing the first contract for the “Energy and Climate Change” Programme 

Signing the first contract for the “Energy and Climate Change” Programme 

Source: EIHP

The signing ceremony for the predefined project ” Establishment of the national training center for nearly Zero Energy Buildings” financed in the scope of the “Energy and Climate Change” Programme was held on 8th June 2021 on the premises of the Energy Institute Hrvoje Pozar. The 1.6 million euros project budget is supported by the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area in the 85% amount, while from national funds shall be financed the remaining 15%. The project aims to improve the knowledge of stakeholders involved in the reconstruction of buildings in line with the requirements of a nearly zero energy building (nZEB) concept by establishing the national nZEB training center and increasing awareness of the nZEB standards.

The contract was signed by the Minister of Regional Development and EU Funds Ms. Nataša Tramišak and Director of the Hrvoje Požar Institute Mr. Dražen Jakšić. The signing ceremony was attended by the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Norway to the Republic of Croatia, His Excellency Mr. Haakon Blankenborg and the State Secretary at the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development, Mr. Mario Šiljeg.

The project will be implemented over three years, while experts from the project partner institutions shall be implementing all scheduled activities – Energy Institute Hrvoje Požar as the Project Promotor and the Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Zagreb in the role of the Project Partner.

Contracting the predefined project initiates the disbursement of 20 million euros allocation of the “Energy and Climate Change” Programme, out of which 17 million euros is granted by the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area 2014-2021 while 3 million euros is the national contribution. The overall Programme’s allocation is foreseen for improving energy efficiency and providing support for the use of renewable energy in the Republic of Croatia.



Working together for a green, competitive and inclusive Europe