14 Sep Increased solar energy production capacity
Source of funding: European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021
Programme: Energy and Climate Change
Status: Open from 14th September to 15th December 2021 at 12:00h CET
Type of call: Open Call for Project Proposals/ temporary
Competent authority: Ministry of Regional Development and EU Funds
Call allocation: 7.400.000,00 EUR
Grant amount per project: 200.000,00 – 1.300.000,00 EUR
Project grant rate: up to 85%
Project duration: 12 – 24 months
The eligible applicants: any entity, public or private, commercial, or non-commercial and non-governmental organization, established as a legal person in Croatia.
The eligible partners: any public or private entity, commercial or non-commercial, and a non-governmental organization established as a legal person in donor states (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) or Croatia.
Eligible area: the selected projects shall be implemented on the whole territory of the Republic of Croatia. Bilateral cooperation activities can be implemented on the territory of Donor States.
The Republic of Croatia has considerable potential for developing renewable energy, especially for the deployment of photovoltaic technologies. The Call aims to support more pilot projects of integrated photovoltaic power plants that will increase installed capacities of solar energy.
The Call supports projects which increase the installed capacity of solar energy. The solar energy production installed must be connected to the power grid. Applicants may also apply for funding for storage capacity in addition to energy production if the added value from installing storage capacity is clearly justified and quantified in the application.
This Call for Proposals refers to the Programme focus area: “Renewable Energy”. The projects are also expected to contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions and increased security of supply.
THE FUNDING DECISION
The Ministry of Regional Development and EU Funds, in the role of the Programme Operator, upon the completion of projects` assessment and selection within the Open Call for Project Proposals “Increased solar energy production capacity”, a total value of 7.400.000,00 EUR, on 6th May 2022 adopted the Funding Decision. Following the Funding Decision, the Project Contracts will be concluded with the selected Applicants.
The Funding Decision may be found at the following link.
Based on the approval of the Cooperation Committee on the reallocation of leftover funds in the scope of the Calls for Proposals of the “Energy and Climate Change Programme”, as of 13th May 2022 the Ministry of Regional Development and EU Funds adopted the Decision on the amendments of the Funding Decision, downloadable from the following link.
- Project proposals (Application forms and supporting documents) will be filled in and submitted through the customized online application system. Access to the system will be provided through a link that will be available on the Programme website on 29th November 2021. In the meantime, the Applicants can use the offline Application form and other documents to prepare their project proposals.
- All questions related to the Call shall be sent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, with a clear reference to the Call. The answers will be published on the Programme website no later than 7 calendar days before the deadline for submission of project proposals.
LAUNCHING OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM POSTPONED
The launching of the Online application system announced for the 2nd November 2021 has been postponed due to technical reasons.
In the meantime, the Applicants have at their disposal the offline Application Form available in the Call documentation, which can be used to prepare project proposals prior to their online submission.
The information on the launching date of the Online application system will be available on the Programme’s web page in the scope of the First Corrigendum to the documentation of the Call for Proposals in the following days.
THE FIRST CORRIGENDUM TO CALL DOCUMENTATION
The Programme Operator of the “Energy and Climate Change” Programme publishes the First Corrigendum to documentation of the Call for Proposals “Increased solar energy production capacity” published on the 14th September 2021.
The following documents are amended by the First Corrigendum:
- CALL FOR PROJECT PROPOSALS
- FORM 1) APPLICANT/PROJECT PARTNER DECLARATION
- RELEVANT DOCUMENT 3) ADMINISTRATIVE AND ELIGIBILITY COMPLIANCE ASSESSMENT FORM
- RELEVANT DOCUMENT 4) QUALITY ASSESSMENT FORM
- FORM 6) DECLARATION ON THE LEGAL STATUS OF REAL ESTATE TO BE AFFECTED BY THE PROJECT INFRASTRUCTURAL ACTIVITIES
The amendments to the documents become effective as of the day of their publication on the web page of the „Energy and Climate Change Programme“.
In case of any discrepancies between the Croatian and the English version of the documents, the Croatian version is the one that prevails.
ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM LAUNCHED
The online application system is open for the submission of applications from 29th November to 15th December 2021 at 12:00h CET.
Access to the online application system is ensured via link https://ekp.mrrfeu.hr/.
ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM CLOSED
The online application system is closed on 15th December 2021 at 12:00h CET for the submission of new project proposals in the scope of the Call for Proposals “Increased solar energy production capacity“.
Documents and forms
Open call for proposals
Application form (offline)
- Applicant’s/Partner’s Declaration (Form 1)
- Communication Plan (Form 2)
- Partnership Statement (Form 3)
- De minimis Aid Declaration (Form 4)
- Declaration on the category of an enterprise (Form 5)
- Declaration on the legal status of real estate to be affected by the project infrastructural activities (Form 6)
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
- Draft of the Project Contract
- Draft of the Partnership Agreement
- Administrative and eligibility compliance Assessment Form
- Quality Assessment Form
- State Aid Scheme for the Implementation of the Programme “Energy and Climate Change”
- De minimis Scheme for the Implementation of the Programme “Energy and Climate Change”