Signing of Project Contracts under the “Local Development and Poverty Reduction” Programme

Signing of Project Contracts under the “Local Development and Poverty Reduction” Programme

The signing Ceremony of the Project Contracts under the “Local Development and Poverty Reduction” Programme, financed by the EEA Financial Mechanism and the Norwegian Financial Mechanism for period 2014-2021 took place at the Ministry of Regional Development and European Union Funds on May 27, 2022.

The participants, along with the Minister, Ms. Nataša Tramišak were greeted by the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Norway to the Republic of Croatia, HE Haakon Blankenborg, the State Secretary at the Ministry of Science and Education, Mr. Tomislav Paljak and the Director of the Directorate for Strategic Planning and Coordination of EU Funds, Ms. Iva Novak. The ceremony was attended by representatives of regional self-government, primary school principals and representatives of the Croatian Teachers’ Union.

Through the awarded Contracts within the Call “Improved skills and competencies of teachers and other educational workers in primary education” activities will be carried out aimed at improving skills and teaching methods and development of primary school programs and curricula in priority thematic areas of “Local Development and Poverty Reduction” Programme: STEM, information and communication technologies in education, entrepreneurship in skills development and better employment opportunities, and active citizenship. The total value of awarded contracts is HRK 9.126.421,58 (EUR 1.208.237,45), of which 85% is financed from the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area, and the remaining 15% is provided in the state budget.

The following promotors of future project activities have signed Grant Agreements:

  • Callidus – Institution for Adult Education, Zagreb
  • Elementary School „Silvije Strahimir Kranjčević”, Levanjska Varoš
  • Institution for the development of competencies, innovations and specializations of the Zadar County INOVAcija, Zadar
  • Učilište Studium – Institution for Adult Education, Vukovar
  • Elementary School „Mijat Stojanović”, Babina Greda
  • Elementary School „Bogoslav Šulek”, Slavonski Brod
  • Cluster za eco-social innovation and development CEDRA Split
  • Institute for Youth Development and Innovation, Zagreb

The projects selected for funding recognized the importance of inclusive education and the development of special programs for working with students with special educational needs, both students with disabilities and those gifted ones. Project activities will take place throughout Croatia, from its far east in Vukovarsko-srijemska County, to the south in Splitsko-dalmatinska County, and will improve the teaching competencies of educational workers, enable effective teaching and learning, and ultimately contribute to skills development needed to address current and future social and economic challenges from an early age, and for the better employment opportunities.

Congratulations to all project promotors and their partners and we wish everyone a successful implementation!



Working together for a green, competitive and inclusive Europe